DAY 1 SATURDAY – Catania
Arrival at Catania. Transfer to hotel in Catania for welcome cocktail, dinner and overnight in Catania.
DAY 2 SUNDAY – Catania - Siracusa - Catania
After breakfast depart for Siracusa, visit the archaeological area including the Latomie of the Paradise and the Dyionisos "Ear". Continue to Ortigia, the baroque historical centre of the city to visit the Cathedral and the Arethuse fountain. Lunch in a restaurant in Ortigia. In the afternoon return to Catania for a walking tour of the city with professional guide. Dinner and overnight in Catania.
DAY 3 MONDAY – Modica - Ragusa
After breakfast depart for Modica. A town famous for its churches and scenic squares it has an ancient history and is an outstanding example of baroque art. Also renowned for its production of chocolate using ancient traditional methods the tour includes a visit to an artisan chocolate workshop. Lunch in a local restaurant followed by free time to explore the town. On to Ragusa. After dinner optional visit by night of the ancient city of Ragusa Ibla, cradle of Sicilian baroque (supplement to pay and subject to minimum number of participants). Dinner and overnight in Ragusa.
DAY 4 TUESDAY – Piazza Armerina - Agrigento
After breakfast depart for Piazza Armerina to visit the world famous mosaics at Villa Romana del Casale which houses the richest, largest and most complex collection of late Roman mosaics in the world and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Lunch in a local restaurant. In the afternoon depart for Agrigento and visit the magnificent Valley Of The Temples – also a UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Guided tour of the valley including the Temples of Concordia, Juno and Heracles. These are the finest examples of Greek civilisation in Sicily. Dinner and overnight in Agrigento.
DAY 5 WEDNESDAY – Selinunte - Monreale - Palermo
After breakfast depart for Selinunte the largest archaeological park in Europe of over 270 hectares with its impressive Temples and Acropolis. After a short walk proceed to a typical farmhouse producing olive oil for a tasting and delicious lunch. After lunch on to Monreale located in a panoramic position a few kilometres from Palermo. Visit of its splendid Cathedral with its Moorish architecture and Benedictine Cloister built in the 12th Century and encrusted with magnificent mosaics. On the Palermo for dinner and overnight.
DAY 6 THURSDAY – Palermo
After breakfast a guided morning visit of the historic centre of Palermo. One of the richest cities on the island for history and art, take in the wonderful Arab-Norman Cathedral, Palatine Chapel and Quatro Canti. Also an opportunity to taste Palermo’s street food at a typical local market. Afternoon at leisure or for those who are interested an opportunity to do a panoramic visit of the surroundings of Palermo including the beach resort of Mondello (supplement to pay and subject to minimum number of participants). Dinner and overnight in Palermo.
DAY 7 FRIDAY
After breakfast, end of tour.
For organizational reasons, the itinerary may be reversed or modified.
Highlights of the tour
- 4 stars Hotels offering high quality customized services, carefully selected in the most suggestive historical centres of the main Sicilian towns
- Selected typical restaurants/farmhouses and especially chosen menus to have a taste of the Sicilian and Italian cuisine
- Visit and wine/oil tasting in farmhouses in Selinunte and on Mount Etna; tasting of typical Sicilian products (panettone and artisan liquors of various flavours, chocolate, biscuits) in Castelbuono and Ragusa
- Visit of UNESCO sites: Valley of Temples, Villa Romana del Casale, Etna, Siracusa, Ragusa
- Deluxe motor coach offering maximum comfort
- Qualified multilingual tour escort (spoken languages : English)
Hotels - 4 Star
(For organizational reasons the hotels may be modified)
Palermo - Palazzo Sitano Palermo ****
Address: Via Vittorio Emanele 114 (Tel: +39 091 7781610)
Catania - Mercure Excelsior Catania ****
Address: Piazza Giovanni Verga, 39 (Tel: +39 095 74761111)
Agrigento - Della Valle ****
Address: Via Ugo La Malfa, 3 (Tel: +39 0922 26966)
The prices are shown in £ sterling and are per person. The 6 nights price includes flights and transfers.
Click here for further pricing information
|Grand Tour B||Full Board||Supplements per person per night|
|Catania - Palermo
|10/4, 17/4, 26/6-28/8 23/10
||single room 180.00 per tour
|3/4, 24/4-19/6 4/9-16/10
Tour price includes:
- Accommodation in 4 star Hotels
- Welcome cocktail
- Full Board basis - dinner, breakfast and lunch each day apart from day 7 where lunch is not included
- Transportation by deluxe coach (or minivan with driver/guide for groups with less than 15 passengers)
- Tour escort
- Local guides where necessary
- Porterage at hotel
- Tasting of typical Sicilian products in Castelbuono, Ragusa and Selinunte
Not included in the price:
- Entrance fees at monuments (see below)
- City Tax: some City Councils have introduced a tourist tax that has to be paid directly at the Hotel
- Everything which is not clearly specified under 'Tour price includes' (above)
Entrance Fees payable locally:
- Total Entrance fees approx. €65.00 per person (discount for OAP's and European citizens under 18)
* Price valid at December 2020. Small changes may be possible
Make an enquiry about this tour or send us an email
We're here to help:
If you prefer to speak to one of our experts, please call the following numbers:
- 020 7828 9171 - from the UK
- +44 (0) 20 7828 9171 - from outside the UK
Our London offices are open at the following times: Mon to Fri: 9:00am - 5:30pm | Sat: 10:00 - 13:00 | Sun: Closed