DAY 1 SATURDAY – Catania
Arrival at Catania hotel. Welcome cocktail, dinner and overnight in Catania.
DAY 2 SUNDAY – Catania - Siracusa - Catania
After breakfast depart for Siracusa, visit the archaeological area including the Latomie of the Paradise and the Dyionisos "Ear". Continue to Ortigia, the baroque historical centre of the city to visit the Cathedral and the Arethuse fountain. Lunch in a restaurant in Ortigia. In the afternoon return to Catania for a walking tour of the city with professional guide. Dinner and overnight in Catania.
DAY 3 MONDAY – Modica - Ragusa
After breakfast depart for Modica. A town famous for its churches and scenic squares it has an ancient history and is an outstanding example of baroque art. Also renowned for its production of chocolate using ancient traditional methods the tour includes a visit to an artisan chocolate workshop. Lunch in a local restaurant. After lunch depart for Ragusa - an ancient city divided in two by a deep gorge caused by a devastating earthquake in 1693. Ragusa Ibla the lower medieval city with narrow cobbled streets in connected to Ragusa Superior by a long flight of steps. Time at leisure to explore this beautiful baroque architecture including its Cathedral and famous church of Basilica di San Giorgio. Dinner and overnight in Ragusa.
DAY 4 TUESDAY – Piazza Armerina - Agrigento
After breakfast depart for Piazza Armerina to visit the world famous mosaics at Villa Romana del Casale which houses the richest, largest and most complex collection of late Roman mosaics in the world and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Lunch in a local restaurant. In the afternoon depart for the hill-top town of Agrigento and visit the magnificent Valley Of The Temples – also a UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Guided tour of the valley including the Temples of Concordia, Juno and Heracles. These are the finest examples of Greek civilisation in Sicily. Dinner and overnight in Agrigento.
DAY 5 WEDNESDAY – Monreale - Palermo
After breakfast depart for Monreale a small town located in a panoramic position a few kilometres from Palermo. Visit of its splendid Cathedral with its Moorish architecture and Benedictine Cloister built in the 12th Century and encrusted with magnificent mosaics. On the Palermo for lunch in a local restaurant. Afternoon panoramic tour of the city of Palermo taking in the Norman Palace, Teatro Massimo and a guided tour of the Cathedral. Dinner and overnight in Palermo.
DAY 6 THURSDAY – Palermo
After breakfast a guided walking tour of the historic centre of Palermo. One of the richest cities on the island for history and art, take in the Quatro Canti. Martorana church and Piazza Bellini as well as the Ballaro Market. Time at leisure to walk along Via Maqeda to explore a typical local market with an opportunity to taste Palermo’s street food. Afternoon at leisure or for those who are interested an opportunity to take an excursion to visit the University of Palermo Botanical Garden which is responsible for the study and diffusion of innumerable plant species in Sicily, Europe and throughout the Mediterranean. The excursion also includes a visit to Palermo's seaside resort of Mondello stopping for a delicous ice-cream. There is a supplement to pay on the spot for this excursion and it will be subject to minimum number of participants. Dinner and overnight in Palermo.
DAY 7 FRIDAY
After breakfast, end of tour.
For organizational reasons, the itinerary may be reversed or modified.
Highlights of the tour
- 4 stars Hotels offering high quality customized services, carefully selected in the most suggestive historical centres of the main Sicilian towns
- Selected typical restaurants/farmhouses and especially chosen menus to have a taste of the Sicilian and Italian cuisine
- Visit of UNESCO sites: Valley of Temples, Villa Romana del Casale, Etna, Siracusa, Ragusa
- Deluxe motor coach offering maximum comfort
- Qualified multilingual tour escort (spoken languages : English)
Hotels - 4 Star
(For organizational reasons the hotels may be modified)
Palermo - Palazzo Sitano Palermo ****
Address: Via Vittorio Emanele 114 (Tel: +39 091 7781610)
Catania - Mercure Excelsior Catania ****
Address: Piazza Giovanni Verga, 39 (Tel: +39 095 74761111)
Agrigento - Dioscuri Bay ****
Address: Lungomare Falcone, Borsollino 1 (Tel: +39 0922 406111)
Ragusa - Mediterraneo Palace ****
Address: Via Roma, 189 (Tel: +39 0932 621944
The prices are shown in £ sterling and are per person. The 6 nights price includes flights and transfers.
Click here for further pricing information
|Grand Tour B||Full Board||Supplements per person per night|
|Catania - Palermo
|2/4, 9/4, 25/6-27/8 22/10
||single room 180.00 per tour
Tour price includes:
- Accommodation in 4 star Hotels
- Welcome cocktail
- Full Board basis - dinner, breakfast and lunch each day apart from day 6 where lunch is not included
- Transportation by deluxe coach (or minivan with driver/guide for groups with less than 15 passengers)
- Tour escort
- Local guides where necessary
- Porterage at hotel
- Tasting of typical Sicilian products in Castelbuono, Ragusa and Selinunte
Not included in the price:
- Entrance fees at monuments (see below)
- City Tax: some City Councils have introduced a tourist tax that has to be paid directly at the Hotel
- Everything which is not clearly specified under 'Tour price includes' (above)
Entrance Fees payable locally:
- Total Entrance fees approx. €51.00 per person (discount for OAP's and European citizens under 18)
* Price valid at November 2021. Small changes may be possible
Make an enquiry about this tour or send us an email
We're here to help:
If you prefer to speak to one of our experts, please call the following numbers:
- 020 7828 9171 - within the UK
- +44 (0) 20 7828 9171 - from outside the UK
Our London offices are open at the following times: Mon to Fri: 9:00am - 5:30pm | Sat: 10:00 - 13:00 | Sun: Closed